Welcome to Adelante Charter School
Adelante is a Spanish-English two-way immersion (TWI) elementary school which offers the opportunity for children of all backgrounds to become bilingual, biliterate, and multi-cultural. Two languages and rich cultural experiences are woven into each child’s day through outstanding academics. Students are taught in a supportive environment to excel as creative, empowered thinkers and problem-solvers. We invite you to visit our school, where you will find students actively engaged in becoming self-directed, lifelong learners in two languages. Read more…
1st Play Structure for Adelante Charter School
Our PTSO is raising funds for our very first play structure. In June we are placing two classrooms on our current playground to accommodate growth. With less space for playing we have decided to install a play structure for our students. The PTSO is currently engaged in a variety of fundraising events along with this Go Fund Me campaign. We expect to install the play structure this summer. Consider helping us achieve this goal and make this dream come true! Please share this message with your family and friends. Here is the link for you to share. gofundme.com/32t2g46c
ACS Stand on DACA
To the Families of ADELANTE Charter School students:
We here at ADELANTE are committed to making your experience at the school the best it can be. We are committed to creating a positive and safe learning environment. We can only imagine the distress that the President of the United States has created with his decision to not honor the Executive Order that created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
You are here at ADELANTE because you want the best possible educational and cultural learning experience for your children. You are here to assist your children in bettering themselves and becoming key contributors to their school, neighborhoods, city, county, state and nation.
We will do everything within our power to assist those families and students affected by this decision and will advocate for ALL our families. We stand firmly behind with our families, DACA students and staff.
As we go forward in this time of uncertainty, we will remain committed to you, our family, maintain our mission and ensure that our schools are safe and welcoming to all.
Board of Directors, Teacher Council, Staff and Administrator
A Message from our Director
Dear Adelante Families:
We have good news that the Santa Barbara Unified School has started a plan to develop more dual language programs. They will have seventh grade ready for the 2020-21 school year. This will give our students that are currently in fifth grade the opportunity to continue developing their abilities in Spanish.
We keep moving forward!
- Logramos Testing (1-2)– April 16th-18th, 2019
- Café con el Director– April 18th, 2019
- Art Show– April 18th, 2019 4:30-6:30pm, Casa de la Raza
- CAST (5th grade science test)– April 23rd-25th, 2019
- Free Dress Day– April 26th, 2019
- ACS Board Meeting– Monday, May 6th, 2019 5:30pm Room 105
- CAASPP Testing Math (3rd-6th)– Tuesday, May 7th-9th, 2019
- Jog-a-Thon/Color Run– Friday, May 10th, 2019
- School Site Council Meeting– Monday, May 13th, 2019 3:15pm Room 105
- PTSO Meeting– Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 6pm Room 105
- CAASPP Testing ELA (3rd-6th)– Tuesday, May 14-16, 2019
- Emergency Drill- Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
- Café con el Director– Thursday, May 16th, 2019
- Celebración de la familia- Friday, May 15th, 2019 5pm
- Memorial Day (No School)- Monday, May 27th, 2019
- Dance and Musical Performance– Wednesday, May 29th, 2019 Majorie Luke Theater
- Staff v. 6th Soccer Game– Friday, May 31st, 2019
- ACS Board Meeting– Monday, June 3rd, 2019 5:30pm Room 105
- Student Led Conferences (1pm Dismissal)– Monday, June 3rd, 2019
- Kinder & 6th Grade Promotions (1pm Dismissal)- Tuesday, June 4th, 2019
- Last Day of School (1pm Dismissal)- Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
Parents have a critical role at Adelante, and they are one secret ingredient in the amazing community that has grown around Adelante. Student success is dramatically boosted by parent participation. The PTSO or Parent Teacher School Organization facilitates parent participation and communication and is in charge of important fundraising and community events. Read more…
Adelante Charter School offers a Two-Way Immersion (TWI) Spanish/English educational K-6 program committed to cultivating academic excellence in both languages, celebrating multiculturalism, innovation, creativity and the arts, while also promoting the development of a learning community in which students and adults use effective communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills to prepare for success in the 21st century global economy. Read more…
The teachers who have chosen to work at Adelante Charter School are an extraordinary group of professionals. They are drawn together by the brilliance of the two-way immersion model, and the unique way in which we serve students from all backgrounds. They are deeply driven by our school’s mission of supporting tomorrow’s leaders for a more just and equitable society. Read more…